Veggie Ribbon Salad
Quick, easy recipe for lunch or dinner.
- Y-shaped vegetable peeler
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 large zucchini
- 8 thick asparagus very thinly sliced on a long bias
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh chives
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice and smoked paprika together in a large bowl with 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to thinly slice the carrot, yellow squash and zucchini into ribbons. (With the yellow squash and zucchini, it is easiest to slice the sides, working around and then discarding the core.)
- Add the vegetable ribbons, asparagus, parsley and chives to the bowl with the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
- Serve the tomato chutney with the crackers on the side. Any remaining chutney can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week and is delicious with cheese, on burgers or on a sandwich.