Dress up your morning yogurt, gluten free waffles, or cheesecake with this delicious, sugar-free blueberry compote and get your day started right!
- Small boiling pot
- Sharp knife
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit granulated
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp Tapioca or arrowroot powder
- Add filtered water and blueberries to boiling pot and bring to a boil.
- Add monkfruit and lemon juice. Let boil for 5 minutes or so.
- Take whisk and crush blueberries until they are somewhat mushy.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of mixture.
- Add tapioca powder to scooped out portion.
- Stir in tapioca powder until fully incorporated.
- Add mixture back into pot and stir to incorporate
- Add a handful of whole blueberries
- Take off heat and let cool.
- Mixture will thicken as it cools.