Instant Pot Beef Stew
This savory beef stew is the ultimate comfort food and the Instant Pot makes it oh so easy!
- Instant Pot
- 1 Tbsp Grassfed butter
- 1-2 lbs Grassfed/finished beef cut in 1" cubes
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed Can sub sweet potato or butternut squash
- 1 Onion, cut in 6 wedges
- 2 Carrots, cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Beef broth I like Bonafide or Kettle and Fire
- 1 Tbsp Annie's Organic Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Redmond's Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 2 Tbsp Filtered water
- Turn on Instant Pot and select Saute function. Melt butter and cook beef cubes in batches until browned on all sides. About 5 minutes per batch.
- Whisk liquid ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Incorporating tomato paste well.
- Return all beef to the pot. Add potatoes, onion, carrots, and garlic. Cover with liquid mixture
- Close and lock the lid. Select Meat/Stew function. Set timer for 35 minutes. Allow 10 – 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method. 10 – 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Add Tapioca Starch to water while the stew is natural releasing. Add to finished stew to thicken.