Herby Cabbage Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 small shallot minced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small Napa cabbage head halved and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- Stir together the oil, vinegar, mustard, shallots, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a large salad bowl.
- Add the cabbage, parsley, chives, oregano and thyme and toss to coat.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes or refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.