Triple Fudge Brownies
These brownies are SO moist and delicious. You would never know they are free of gluten, dairy, soy, and sugar.
- Large Stainless Steel Saucepan
- Hand Mixer
- 8" Glass Baking Dish
- 2 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup Creamy Nut Butter I like sunbutter or cashew butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Unrefined Coconut Oil I like Dr. Bronner's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Butternut Squash roasted and mashed
- 3/4 cup Swerve or Lakanto Monkfruit
- 3 Pastured Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder sifted is best but not necessary
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt I like Redmond's
- 3/4 cup Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips I like Lily's
- 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips for topping optional
- Roast and mash butternut squash OR buy frozen butternut squash and thaw.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 8" baking dish with coconut oil and dust with coconut flour (or line with parchment paper)
- In large saucepan over low heat, melt unsweetened baking chocolate, coconut oil, and nut butter.
- Stir gently until smooth and remove from heat.
- Into chocolate mixture, add in butternut squash, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- Use hand mixer to mix. Be careful not to over mix.
- Add eggs and mix until batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine cacao powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in the saucepan.
- Stir until just combined . Do not over mix.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared baking dish. Spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until it cracks on the top and toothpick comes out clean.
- Baking times vary by oven.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving. Enjoy!!